[CODE] Questions about macros

From: Carlos Myers (dhstranger@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/28/01

I've been playing around with the CircleMUD code for the last few months and
some questions are starting to crop up.

1. Why wasn't George Greer's IN_ROOM patch included in the latest patch
level?

2. Any reason why IS_OBJ_STAT(obj, stat) is used instead of OBJ_FLAGGED(obj,
flag)?  Both are defined as the same thing, but OBJ_FLAGGED(obj, flag) would
be more consistent with the MOB_FLAGGED(ch, flag), PLR_FLAGGED(ch, flag) and
etc. macros used throughout the code.

3. GET_OBJ_NUM(obj) in shop.h and GET_OBJ_RNUM(obj) in util.h are defined as
the same, however, GET_OBJ_NUM(obj) is not used anywhere.  Is it there for
compatibility with older patches to the shops or should it something that
needs to be removed?

4. GET_EXP(ch), GET_AC(ch), GET_HIT(ch), GET_MAX_HIT(ch), GET_MOVE(ch),
GET_MAX_MOVE(ch) and etc. macros are not used as extensively as they could
have been in such functions as perform_set(), store_to_char() and
init_char().  Any particular reasons why we are not use macros in these
functions?

5. CAN_WEAR(obj, part) and OBJWEAR_FLAGGED(obj, flag) are also defined as
the same.  Any particular reason why one should be used over the other?

Overall, I think there is need for a general clean up of the macros in
util.h.  It may even be time to declare some the macros, such as
GET_OBJ_NUM(obj) and OBJWEAR_FLAGGED(obj, flag), as decrepit.

Carlos Myers