Random Ticks

From: Rob Masten (diablo@deathwalker.net)
Date: 06/29/01

I have looked around in the archives and am not coming up
with much...

has anyone attempted to or been successful in implementing
random ticks?

personally I always hated clients with tick counters, they
tend to prompt 'crazy' behavour (ex. speedwalking between
cities and all the sudden the player falls asleep the split
second before the tick and jumps back up the split second
after the tick) from players.

I was shooting for 60 to 75 seconds.... but everytime I
tried to implement this I could never seem to get a handle
on it.

suggestions?