[ASYNC_DNS] Problem with ip resolving.

From: Templar Viper (templarviper@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/26/02

Hello,

I've currently have one problem and one question.
The problem is about the ident patch, which can be found at http://www.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/utils/asynch_ident.tar.gz .
The patch was created by Joachim Pileborg.

First let me state my Os and alterations to my mud:
Os: Cygwin on windows '98
Extra: Olc, dg_scripts, 128bits, several other adaptions.

I recently installed this patch, and it works pretty well. A
 person logs in, starts playing, ip is resolved, everything is
ok. However, when a person logs in real quickly (With the help
 of triggers for example), the ip is not resolved before
CON_MOTD is reached. Here is the problem: Whenever an ip
is not resolved before a player hits the message of the day,
he/she is dumped in the CON_GETNAME state. Kinda odd,
since if the player is not too hasty with typing his name, pw
etc, everything is fine because the ip is resolved.
In stock circlemud, I believe a player is "blocked" when
his/her ip is being resolved, or not. However, I think if a
player logs in real fast, the ip is still being resolved when
the message of the day is being send.

Does anyone have experience with this behaviour, or knows
what is going on? I'm not really an expert in these ip things,
so if anybody can give a hand I will be gratefull.