Re: CRYPT & a little code improvement

From: Katzlberger Thomas (cat@garfield.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: 04/22/95

Andy Davidoff wrote:
> if i ever felt that multi-playing was a problem, etc. i wouldn't
> hesitate to write in a few lines to let me in on the secret. this
> is an issue as old as security itself, no reason to start a
> flamewar over it, newsgroups exist for this very purpose.

But I still see no reason for getting the original passwords,
eighter the player will choose different ones for his players, or
you can compare the crypted versions. If they are equal, the
original passwords are equal, so what.

OBHack: Circle 3.0
==================

int do_simple_move(struct char_data * ch, int dir, int
need_specials_check)
{
  int was_in, need_movement, has_boat = 0;
  struct obj_data *obj;

  if(!IS_NPC(ch)) /* non-players should not need that ... */
  	look_at_room(ch, 0);

}

Should increase the performance a little bit ...
Mobs really don't need to get a room listing.
And it is called quite frequently.

Kilian.