core debugging

From: Stefan Rensing (rensing@uhura.biologie.uni-freiburg.de)
Date: 05/31/95

Hi all,

I am currently upgrading from 'heavily modified' (TM) pl7 to pl8 by using
diff..... driving me nuts... ok, ok, I shouldn't have done it but you
understand me, do you ? ;-)

The mud now compiles but is running very unstable. As it is impracticable
to do RTC on the running mud because of inconvenience to the players or
my small hard disk (if I have to copy the whole mud) I'd really like to
debug the core file. According to the dbx man page this should work with
dbx corefile - unfortunately this only leads to a 'core - not an executable
file' message or something like it. BTW, I'm running a SUN LX with Solaris
2.3.

Any help highly appreciated !

Thanx in advance,

Stefan.

--
Stefan A. Rensing             Institute of Biology II/III - Schaenzlestr. 1
The SysOp Biologist         D-79104 Germany, FON: +49 761 203-2676 / FAX: 2675