Re: File Transfer?

From: Erik (madison@nevada.edu)
Date: 08/07/95

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, root wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to inccorporate file transfer into
> CircleMud 2.20 code?
>
>   I realize that you can't simply send file transfers over the raw telnet,
> unless you use Zmodem or something. But, if possible, I'd like to be able to
> have the file transfers going on in the backgroud, so that the players can
> go about their business mudding.

  One question. Why?!? Any client is capable of suspension, allowing you
to set up a few background scripts from your shell. A few seconds to type
it in, launch them, then bring the mud client back to the foreground.
Once the scripts are completed, a message will be sent to the job in the
foreground. Adding capabilities like that to your code, is to invite
hackers/crackers to attempt tomfoolery with your system.