circle mud - code submission (fwd)

From: Christopher Busch (cbusch@d.umn.edu)
Date: 08/21/95

About 2-3 years ago I wrote an Eliza system in C++.  Apparently on MUDs
it is not very possible to hold conversions with NPCs. My C++ eliza
system could easily solve that.  Even though your code is in C, I believe
it would be possible to link C++ code into C.  If not I would be
willing to convert it to C for your MUD.  All you would have to do is tell
me the interface that you would like to use.

EX:
  int initNPCchatsystem(); //could possibly return error codes
  int loadNPCchatfile(int NPCidnumber); //possibly return error codes
  char* talkwithNPC(int NPCidnumber,char* ingoingmsg);  //returns what
						//was replied.
  int uninitNPCchatsystem();

Or some similar method.

I envision when a PC uses the 'tell <person>' command, that the string
that is send by that command will be passsed to the talkwithNPC(  ) function.
The string returned from talkwithNPC will be said back to the teller.

Please reply telling me whether or not to pursue this endeavor.

--
Christopher G Busch                          "Avoid computer viruses,
cbusch@ub.d.umn.edu                             practice safe hex."