Re: On ELF/shared binaries

From: Naved A Surve (naved@bird.taponline.com)
Date: 11/18/95

In message <199511182250.JAA26767@arcadia.cs.rmit.EDU.AU> you said:

> Well, during discussion with people about other MUDs someone tried to
> convince me that a MUD (Mozart) could effectively install new code, areas or
> whatever, whenever they wanted.

This is standard-issue on Muck's and LP MUDS.  LP Mud is interesting in that
it is really an interpreter and the actual mud is actually written in a
custom object-oriented interpreted language that executed by lpmud.  The mud
has primitives that make it easy to do common tasks and it comes with a a
"standard library" including pre-written areas.

-Naved