fighting list

From: Nuku Nuku (backdoor@wam.umd.edu)
Date: 06/26/96

Okay, I'm confused...i have a skill called haymaker which attempts to
knock out the opponent.  Once knocked out, everyone fighting the opponent
stops fighting.  This is what I have:

if (!(percent > prob))
  {
    damage(ch, vict, 1, SKILL_HAYMAKER);
    GET_POS(ch) = POS_SLEEPING;
    for (k = combat_list; k; k = temp)
    {
       temp = k->next_fighting;
       if (FIGHTING(k) == ch)
         stop_fighting(k);
    }
  }
  else
    damage(ch, vict, 0, SKILL_HAYMAKER);

However, it doesn't work:P  But it also doesn't crash, so I'm not SUPER
concerned:P  Hehe.

Anyway, I'm not too clear on how the combat_list works, so if someone
would be kind enough to please explain how the combat_list is organized
and how my code is incorrect, I would be most thankful:)

Pirahna