CODE: Intros Revisited

From: Jeeves (philipe@[198.49.101.10)
Date: 06/27/96

Another methodology question for those of you who know the circle
code inside and out...

I think I have the intro system figured out...at least, I've got the
array in and the means of adding to it. Also, I have a function that
checks to see whether two characters are introduced or not. Now, the
only question is...where do I call it? I am thinking of one of two
solutions:

1) Put calls to it in the act() function where it sends messages to
the actor and the victim. This is easy. However, a different function
would have to be called in the part that sends the message to the
room, checking the intro arrays of everyone in the room to see if
they have been intro'd to the actor. This gets a little harder when
dealing with the shout command, as everyone in the zone would have to
be checked.

2) Intercept every call to act() with the introd() function. Seems
easier, but I'm not sure how to do it. This would set up two versions
of act()'s output...one for intro'd chars, one for unintro'd chars.
It would be a simple matter to determine which to use on who.

Anyone have any bright ideas? They're welcome here!

-- Jeeves, Brother of Schulhoff Tam
Creator/IMP/Builder of CalaisMUD (under development),
who is struggling to get Linux to believe he has a modem in cua0.