Re: [Code] [Newbie] help with GDB

angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM
Date: 07/15/97

     Quote ------>>>>
When it crashed trying to save an alias it created a core file with I ran
gdb on but I don't know how to interpret the out put.

Reading symbols from /lib/libsocket.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libnsl.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libdl.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libintl.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libmp.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/libw.so.1...done.
#0  0xef6ab3d8 in fprintf ()

     ------
     Did you compile with the -g flag?  if not, put it in and recompile and
     recreate the error.  if you did, check out the alias.c file for
     fprintf's and see if there is any way you can be sending in a NULL
     pointer, or doing something else wrong with memory.

     -- Angus