[REALLY Newbie] Thac0 and saving throws

From: Neuromancer (amarquez@TRINITY.EDU)
Date: 09/26/97

These are REAL newbie questions so I'll keep this short.
#1) I understood thac0 as a player, but i never noticed this ...
        your thaco goes towards zero as you level? <got this from class.c>
#2) are saving throws just the spell version of thac0?

If someone would be so kind as to answer these questions ... just email me
and don't
send it to the list so it won't get flooded with a lot of responses.
                                                        Angel <amarquez@trinity.edu>