rent/quit problems

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/20/97

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Daniel Koepke wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, John Evans wrote:
>
> ->It's always been that way. If you quit/rent, you always come back in your
> ->approp. start_room regardless of where you were when you quit or rented.
> ->Seems that you missed something. :)
>
> Are you sure about that?  It would seem the following code would mean
> differently (gen_receptionist, objsave.c):
>
>   save_room = ch->in_room;
>   extract_char(ch);
>   save_room(ch, save_room);
>
> Hmm...maybe everyone has missed everything...?

Ok. I checked this out with fresh from the factory...er... FTP site bpl
12 code.

If you rent and then hit '1' at the menu, you end up at your start_room,
not where you rented. If you rent, hit '0', and log back in, then you end
up where you rented. Most interesting, no?

The code in objsave.c in gen_receptionist() reads:

    save_room = ch->in_room;
    extract_char(ch);
    save_char(ch, save_room);

and that should do the trick, but it's not. Hrmm....

Checking nanny() in interpreter.c, but everything looks kosher there. Any
one else have any ideas as to what is going on with this funky behavior?

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.