Re: Spec proc on mobs death?

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/11/98

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Jeff Almeida wrote:

> This there a way to have something happen on a mobs death (ie, when they
> die to call a function that will create 5 more critters or something...)

The only way that I have found was to add a check in die() for if IS_NPC
and the vnum of the mob. Not a spec_proc, but special code for mobs,
objs, and rooms should NOT be limited to special procedures, mobprogs, or
scripts. The efforts of the coder(s) and the builder(s) should work
hand-in-hand under the guidance of the implementor(s). Without all three
portions working in unison, the efforts of all three will be wasted on
something that is less than perfect.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke