[CODE] Object Spell Affects (SPAFFs)

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 02/23/98

I have seen the term SPAFF used in reference to different things on objects.

1.  Weapon Spells (e.g., combat spells)
2.  Personal Affects, (e.g., SPAFF_SANCT sets AFF_SANCT)

I prefer the idea of #2, so that's what I'm trying to set up.  Now I've
already
put in the first one as Weapon Spells and in OLC based on teh wpn.w.spell.diff
or whatever.

Anyway, the meat of the message.  I've set this up, and have figured that
it should be something simple to make it so that when you wear a SPAFF'ed
piece of equipment, it sets the equivalent affect on your character.  I
cannot figure out how to do this.  I have looked at using affect_modify as
a base for the code, and also adding some if clauses to perform wear.  Do
any of you have an idea on how you would do/have done it?

I have already added the spot in the object files and the like.  It seems
that all that is left to do, besides adding to OLC (simple anyway), is to
put in some code to run the affect.  Any ideas?  (a snippet on how you have
done it is good too...)

Anyway, thanks....
-B.