Question time...

From: Mark Garringer (zizazat@rmii.com)
Date: 07/09/95

It is that time again...

Ok, I do not want PCs outside of 4 XP levels to be able to kill each
other in my MUD. Tracking down the kill/murder part was pretty simple.
Now, if a PC tries to murder another PC that is less than 4 levels
differance it will not allow it.

However, there are _many_ ways in circle to start combat. Take for
example, the warrior skill of kick.

I added the following code at the begining of the normal fight routine in
fight.c

          if ( (!IS_NPC(vict)) && (GET_LEVEL(ch) - GET_LEVEL(vict)) >= 4) {
           send_to_char("Player killing is only allowed within 4 levels
            of experience.\n\r", ch);
           return;
         }

Now, if I kick a PC outside of that range it gives me the message but
combat starts anyway.

Help?

--Ziz, NetShamen