Re: Circle 2.2 & Auto Directions

From: Edward Almasy (almasy@axis.com)
Date: 03/04/96

Sergei Barbarash writes:
> I don't mind people talking about Linux, as long as they don't say it has
> something to do with UNIX. And that was Mr. Jender's point.

Linux is a UNIX variant that alot of people are using to run CircleMUD.
In fact, I would guess it to be the most popular OS flavor for Circle,
so Linux-specific questions (about running CircleMUD) are probably not
out of place on this list.

Let us please deal with pertinent questions about running CircleMUD here,
and restrict the OS-bashing to private mail and the appropriate newsgroups.

On to a more productive topic:

Has anyone tried merging (via CVS or by hand) pl9 into a heavily-modified
version of pl8?  How difficult did it turn out to be?  How stable was the
resulting server?  In what areas of code did the merge become tricky?

 \_\_\_     _/ \_\_\_  axis data: specializing in online system setup & design
 \_  \_     _/ \_  \_    Edward Almasy                       almasy@axis.com
 \_\_\_     _/ \_\_\_    President: Axis Data       Proprietor: NineJackNine
     \_ _/  _/     \_    608-256-5732 (voice)            608-256-5697 (data)
 \_\_\_ _/_/_/ \_\_\_  9jack9: on the bleeding edges of culture and technology
  Nine   Jack   Nine      33 University Square  Suite 131  Madison WI 53715