Hacking the system

From: Christopher M. Lee (chrisl@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/01/96

Hello all.

I am realitivly new post a few times, have a small mud running 2.2 while I
figure the coding and make a 3.0 one.  I have a question.  I have a guy who
logged in for the first time on Friday, and as of today he is level 19.  I
check the syslog and he is leveling every half an hour or so.  Some times as
much as 2 time every couple of minutes.  He is the highest character on the
mud so I am sure he is not getting help from a higher level guy to advance
him quickly.  One thing I did notice is that he kills his connection alot
and opens a new session and overrides the other.. the syslog line looks like
this:

syslog.6:Fri Mar 29 09:34:33 :: Azalin has re-logged in ... disconnecting
old socket.

I talked to him but he says he just knows circle really well and knows what
to kill and where to advance quickly.  I think he is hacking my system some
how but can not figure it out.  Take a look at this:

syslog.6:Fri Mar 29 20:00:30 :: Azalin un-renting and entering game.
syslog.6:Fri Mar 29 20:31:10 :: Azalin has re-logged in ... disconnecting
old socket.
syslog.6:Fri Mar 29 20:41:00 :: Azalin advanced to level 7
syslog.6:Fri Mar 29 20:41:00 :: Azalin advanced to level 8
syslog.6:Fri Mar 29 22:02:00 :: Azalin has re-logged in ... disconnecting
old socket.

Notice how he advance 2 times in the same second...  Something is going on.
Please let me in on this.  By the way this is the 2.2 code right "out of the
box".

Also I snooped him for a while and found nothing unusaul besides the
re-logging in.

Anything I am missing please let me know.

Yours,

Christopher M. Lee
chrisl@earthlink.net