[INFO] Patches, FTP, and flying elephants.

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 10/28/97

        I have now sorted, moved, and catalogued everything in the
incoming/ directory of the ftp.circlemud.org site.  One of us should be
around every few days to move contributions to it's correct place.  You can
always check the Changes file in /pub/CircleMUD to see what is new or
updated.

        As for my patch page, I have added two new patches based on reports
from the mailing list.  The first prevents mobs from being flagged
PLR_CRASH which translates into MOB_STAYZONE when they are given an object.
The seccond has to do with mobs fleeing when bashed, I'm assuming that fix
I had earlier worked... :)

There's a pink elephant reading over your shoulder.

        You can also now find my patch from www.mudconnector.com under 'MUD
Resources', look for the title of the web page, not my name. (I'm not that
egotistical...)  If you're wondering why it's called 'patches.van.ml.org'
there, it's because I didn't realize at the time that I had to put
http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/index.html instead of
http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/.  The correct address is still
http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/ for everyone else.  Don't change your link
unless you're closer to Europe in which case try
http://capybara.sk-pttsc.lj.edus.si/CircleMUD/.

        Patchlevel 12 is also looking very up in the way of documentation.
There is a much updated set of world files this time also, thanks to Alex.
If you want a brief look at some things that bpl12 includes which are
currently available as patches, you can look for the big red X's on my
patch page.  What you won't find is the patch itself, we're still testing
it. I'm going to run it through MSVC 4/5 as soon as the server at my campus
recovers from a crippling double hard drive failure and hopefully a FreeBSD
machine also shortly.  Another big win is included Amiga support for those
of you who need it.

Good things ahead, just be patient, we're working on it as fast as we can.