[NEWBIE] [SYSTEM] Help me please...again...

From: Allen Parish (allen.parish@virgin.net)
Date: 04/03/99

Thank you James for your help, now I am getting somewhere.  I typed:

BASH ./configure

at the BASH prompt and it ran configure, checking everything, then tried
creating ./config.status where I got the error:

./configure: /bin/sh: No such file of directory

In the doc directory of CircleMUD, in the Cygnus readme file, it says to
mount the directory by typing:

mount c:\cygnus\cygwin-d20\h-i586-cygwin32\bin /bin

This the brings up the error:

warning: /bin does not exist!
mount failed: Device or resource busy

Why is this not working?  I opened the conf.status file in Notepad and the
first thing it said was:

#! /bin/sh
# Generated automatically by configure.

But /bin/sh was not generated automatically otherwise I would not have got
the previous error message.

I am completely baffled by this and I am going to give up soon and stick to
building, but I don't have anything to test new zones on.

Please, please, please can somebody help me!

Allen Parish
allen.parish@virgin.net

P.S.  Sorry for being such a pain in the neck, I only want to get the damn
thing up and running!