Re: [IDEA] Artificial Intelligence/ALife

From: Plazmic (plazmic98@yahoo.com)
Date: 06/14/99

I started doing something along the lines of Alife back in the bpl11
days, although my approach was entirely different than all the
I started out making the Intelligent mobs actual players, stored in
the playerfile.  With a few modifications to load/save and do_who
(etc) they then "looked" like real PC's, but lacked any knowledge.
My next step was to design an elaborate spec_proc (I wasn't aware of
DGscripts then, and hated mobprogs) that would kill, eat, level,
chat, etc.  I had 2-3 of these mobs "logged in" at any one time, and
most of the real PCs were unsure of them.

Plazmic
ps. the main point from this posting alife in pfiles...

> Hi,
>         My idea is to have NPCs that are practically "alive" ie.
bringing