[IDEA] Artificial Intelligence/ALife

From: Elvis Mohan (theking@trinidad.net)
Date: 06/11/99

Hi,

        Anyone ever thought of creating artificial intelligent mobs?
I am currently in the process of desiging/implementing this and would
like some guidance (NOTE: Not asking for code).

        My idea is to have NPCs that are practically "alive" ie. bringing
ALIFE to MUD. In effect the MUD would be one big world... someone could
just log on and watch the world go by... NPCs interact with other NPCs as
well as PCs, and fights.. hunts for food... that kind of stuff. In other words,
a mud that is generally intelligent.

        Any comments accepted.

        Please send flames to: theking@trinidad.net

        Thank You.