[Changes to code for Loadroom for BPL17]

From: Bobby L. Russ (russ@eng.usf.edu)
Date: 07/18/00

At 7/13/00 1:45:00 PM, you wrote:
>I just searched through the archives and did this today. :)
>
>In regards to a configuration option, say in config.c, regarding
>re-logging in the same room, I would recommend this for any future
>releases of CircleMUD. It's probably one of the simplest quick changes
>that most people tend to make.
>
>--
>StormeRider

Well, I looked into the posts in the archive and what not and I tried a few of their methods and none of them
worked on 3.0 BPL17.  However, after toying around with it... I found a rather simple solution to it that so far has
worked.  I did the following...  This is just my way of doing it... There are probably many other ways to do this,
but figuring that this took the insertation of 3 lines :-)  Anyway, if you have any comments on it, feel free to tell
me

1) In Act.other.c, I made some additions to do_quit.

        In do_quit, before the lines (!IF_GET_INVIS_LEV(ch).....  Add:

        LOADROOM(ch) = world[ch->in_room].number;

        Then, I commented out the line that read:

        if (ROOM_FLAGGED(loadroom, ROOM_HOUSE)

        I then added the following line:

        loadroom = LOADROOM(ch);

2) In Fight.c, I added the the following in void die (...) to prevent players from loading into the same room they
died.

        LOADROOM(ch) = NOWHERE;

        So far, it works fine.  I've tried it with all methods of dying I have including death traps, vampiric rooms,
etc... :-)  This is the best method that I've seen for BPL 17 and I don't know if it works well in previous versions or
not.  Thanks to everyone that did help out with suggestions and not just be snotty about it.

        Bobby