mud code stolen

From: Mulder (mulder@cloud9.net)
Date: 12/02/98

Good evening,

    DeltaMUD source code, which was not supposed to be released to anyone,
was recently stolen off of my account. I had found out that someone else on
the system was also running a MUD and now has the code in their possession.
The people at DeltaMUD have been working on this game for over 2 years. I am
aware that any additions to CircleMUD are covered under the GNU license
agreement and can be distributed freely. However, this code was not meant to
be distributed and was taken off of my account through illegal means.

I have learned that the person who has taken it is planning to release it to
the public as an act of vengence for me banning him. I am asking anyone that
is involved with any CircleMUD sites not to accept this package. Of course
you don't have to, but it would mean alot to the people who have built and
programmed on this MUD for ages. It is highly likely that the person
involved (Nick Clark), and perhaps several others, will
attempt to send the code to Ceramic Mouse or other people from CircleMUD.

I am just writing to let you know that this code is not being distributed by
the creators, but by someone else, for the wrong purposes. I know this
mailing list is meant for CircleMUD discussion so I am sorry if I have
stepped on your toes by posting here. I am just trying to get the word out
so our project is not crushed.

-
mulder@deltamud.net
DeltaMUD Online RPG