Re: License

From: Blaize Imperator (garath@fl.freei.net)
Date: 10/04/00

Ben C Wrote:

>At 05:39 PM 10/1/00 +1000, you wrote:
>>Hello,

>>A quickie...
>>
>>Out of interest, it's not against the license if a bunch of friends chip
in (who are mortals) to improve the server of the mud they play at, is it?

>Also from license.doc:
>
>> -- You must not solicit or accept money or other donations in exchange
for
>>    running CircleMUD.  You must not accept money or other donations from
>>    your players for purposes such as hardware upgrades for running
>>    CircleMUD.
>
>Yeah, it's kind of harsh, but I'm sure Jeremy wants it as black-and-white
as possible.  It's all too easy for some muds to fall into pay-per-play; and
circle is intended to be 100% free.

>--Ben C

Hrm...what if several people were co-running the MUD, but only one wanted to
be an immortal, and the others would rather play mortals?  Or what I plan on
doing, having one of my rich imms pay for the server while I run it? No
money comes through my hands.