License

From: Shane Lee (mudmaster@Randor.zzn.com)
Date: 09/30/00

Okies, I hate to bring this subject back up, but I have a scenario
and would like some input on it.
We all know that Circle's license specifically forbids making money
for either running the MUD, or providing privileges to certain
characters in the game.
So check this out:
A CircleMUD is coded to no longer accept new players from entering
the game. Instead, a player must create a new character at the
official website of the game.
At that website, the player must create an account, and then they may
create a character. After the character is made, they check their
email to receive a password which then allows them to access their
character on the game port.
The account the player must create is free, but they must fill out a
survey which will then be stored in a database accessible by the
advertisers on the website.
The Implementors use the ad money to host the game as well as the
website.
Personally, I feel this is immoral, but does it break the license
agreement, since the players never actually pay for anything directly?

:scratches his head:
-FIRE