[CODE] compile error

From: Jeremy (tazzel@adelphia.net)
Date: 10/04/00

Hi, I'm trying to compile pl17 with borland builder 5.01 and I hit this
error

Type mismatch in redeclaration of 'new_descriptor' and
Earlier declaration of 'new_descriptor'

examing the code I noticed in function declaration it says

int new_descriptor(socket_t s);

but at the function it says

int new_descriptor(int s) {

.
.
.

this code compiled on MSVC 5.0 and I recall some kind of warning message and
it did some kind of conversion automatically.  What can I do to make this
borland friendly?

on the side note...anyone know how to install MSVC 5.0 while you have IE
5.5?  I tried to install and it kept giving me errors about can't install
IE3.0 over IE4.0.  (It installed fine until I put win98 on this computer)