Re: ASCII Pfiles (was: Color)

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/15/01

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Sammy wrote:

>A month and a half ago I asked for suggestions for improving the ascii
>pfiles patch[1] and didn't get any responses.  I'd like to reiterate
>that request.  I never realized what an awful patch it was until I
>decided to try hand-patching it.  In over two years nobody mentioned
>it.  Go figure.  I'm trying to make it as easy as possible to install
>and use, so you guys don't have to spend so much time supporting it ;)

Improve it to the point that if we do an interim CircleMUD release, after
3.0, we can include it. If you wanted to integrate that with PjD's ASCII
object files, then all the better.

I'm not sure what we're doing for OLC though.  I do know that OBuild is
closer in spirit to what Jeremy originally wanted for CircleMUD in olc.c
but I'm partial to killing olc.c and just replacing it with a link to
OBuild and OasisOLC (and '/contrib/olc/online/ in general) on the FTP site.
Perhaps a later (above interim release) could rememdy the lacking OLC.