SPCC & Guild of Implementors

From: Fili (cybom@NETROPOLIS.NET)
Date: 01/17/98

I haven't heard much about this guild, so I'm guessing that the idea was
scrapped. In that mindset, I am setting out to remake the idea, and fix
some of the problems that were discussed on the list. Currently, the
setup I'm thinking of is this (I am posting it to the list for
discussion before I start it up)

Name: SPCC (Society for the Protection against Cruelty to Circlemuds)

Joining Criteria:

Anyone who joins must either have a mud that meets the mud requirements,
work for a mud that meets the mud requirements, or not work for a mud at
all.

MUD/Membership Requirements:

1) The mud that you work for if you work for a mud must have at least
33% non stock areas, or less than 10 stock areas. A non stock area is
defined as an area that was created specifically for the mud that it is
used on. A stock area is defined as an area designed for another mud,
created on another mud but donated to the general public, or an area
that was included or based on an area that was included with the
standard distribution of any mud code base.
2) The mud that you work for if you work for a mud is not made up of
only stock code, or only stock code with patches. It is impossible to
limit stock code because doing so would be saying that you must remove
the circlemud from your circlemud. This means that you must have code in
your mud that was designed for your mud. This section does not however
rule out muds that have snippets and new code.

Rules:

1) You must meet the membership requirements at all times.

Purpose:

To suggest CircleMUDs to players that value originality and to warn
players against CircleMUDs that dont.

Other information:

If created, the guild would not be located on any specific mud. Instead,
it would be a series of webpages created to index CircleMUDs that are
both original, and unoriginal. Also, if space/administration allows, it
might also consist of a mailing list of some sort.

Any suggestions?

Fili