Re: [kind of off-topic]

From: Arnold Santayana (matrim@KUENTOS.GUAM.NET)
Date: 01/18/98

hey guys,

just a kind of technical opinion taking from you all. i was wondering what
would be
an idea memory & hard drive space i should have to keep adding and
compiling new stuff into my mud. thinking of making it with a 10-20 zones
with 1000 + rooms each zone with mobs and objs to boot. Also I'm tinkering
with all different kinds of codes. But lately I've been noticing my drive
space is getting too small and sometimes my machine locks up due to memory
problems. I'm currently running 24 meg memory and about 1 gig hard drive
space machine with WIN95 as the base O/S.  I've also got a bunch of other
stuff on the computer besides the mud.. I was just wondering if this was
your machine what would you upgrade it to?

trying to better his machine in hopes to turn it into a server one day,

arnold